Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Thursday, June 12, 2014

6 yrs ago today!!!!

   At apx 1:11 am six years ago today my heart grew so large I thought it would burst. I had always heard the minute you hold your child you not only cry but you realize what love at first sight means. And I sure did! After all our visitors left that early morning and before the next round would come that afternoon..I looked at my baby girl. All 9lbs 5 oz, 19 1/2 inches of perfection. Round cheeks, dark hair, 10 fingers and 10 toes. My heart skipped a beat just holding her. Still to this day when I put her to bed I tend to find myself staring at her. Her curly hair, honey colored eyes...the only miracle Steve and I have ever performed but what a wonderful one!
  Every step in life is exciting. I've learned that you may win the Bad Mommy award this afternoon because you said no but by night fall you're the "bestest Mommy ever" :)
  Kaya has taught me to slow down and really "see" life. To notice those small things that make life beautiful. She's taught me patience, unconditional love, and that sometimes the things I've thought was a fault in me..is perfection in her eyes :) She's taught me to forgive and move on, to see the world through a child's eyes and to just be myself. She's taught me that my heart runs around on long legs, that no matter what goes on in life we are a team...it's the 3 of us facing it together :) She's taught me that sometimes I have to let her be brave (even if it give me white hair) or how will she ever be brave later in life??!! She's taught me that being the Mamma of a tomboy in a tiara isn't always easy but there really is no better job. She's brought out at times things that I needed to have slap me in the face.....child logic is sometimes blunt but always honest. And she's brought home that real love..knows no boundaries.
  I love her zany unique sense of humor and way of looking at life. I love that she is herself and could care less if other girls act a certain way..she is true to herself. I love how she says "Oh my my hair is rather wonky today". I love how she loves a person for who they are..not what they have. I love that she is blunt but never to the point of rude, I love that she is independent (even though it's getting harder to see that as a pro as she gets older lol), that she wants to be a veterinarian, and that she has an empathetic heart. Don't get me wrong she's far from perfect. Bull headed, stubborn, sassy and at times down right pushing me to the limits...but that is how a child learns right from wrong and grows. She's not perfect..but she is our imperfect and that is perfect :)
  At 6 Kaya stated
fave color: purple, pink, red, blue and green

fave drink: milk, water, sweet tea and a pop if I can have one!!
fave food: passghetti (spaghetti) or chicken
fave snackfood : ooohhh my there's many
fave veggie: hmmm probably tomatoes and corn!
fave takeout: Chinese or Mexican
fave game to play: hide n seek

fave thing about herself: everything. I'm happy being me :)
fave part of the day: anytime I'm with family
fave part of her bday: I've gotta say gifts because I'm a kid and that's what kids really think. But I                                            love my family and my cool cakes too!

How did she feel turning 6: I knew it happened because I felt taller. My feet also feel bigger. I'm sure                                                of it. I'm not some ole baby anymore!
    So Kaya Rain...I hope you always see yourself as I see you. Do I want you to touch the stars? Yep one day but not too soon..I want you to always challenge yourself to be better, do the things you love and keep growing in all ways. I hope you all see yourself as beautiful, smart, funny and well loved. I hope you reach all your goals and surpass even your wildest dreams. I hope too that you always remember that your roots are always here and with this family..but to never be afraid to branch out and see the world,enjoy life and to LIVE. I hope I stay your "bestest friend forever" and that you never let society, school or life wear you down or join the crowd.
  My baby is 6. Where has the time went???? Love you baby girl. Forever you'll be our sweet punkin butt, Daddy's little rat ;) and our world :)

No comments:

Post a Comment