Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Little brother

   My little brother is headed out this weekend to California to start schooling. Seems like time has flew since he came home  in December.
  Kaya is NOT happy with him going. She is very excited that my brother's best friend Lehmy is here to visit but not liking that he will be leaving with her Uncle J.
  I'm very proud of my brother. He sat his goals, has traveled the world, survived bombings, lost his hearing in one ear on a mission and keeps on going. He decided he wanted into this school in Cali and he got in. He's nervous but ready to face the next obstacle.
  California isn't my ideal place to go but I know he wants to see and hear the ocean again..the only thing he misses about Hawaii. I know he's very excited about this school and that he's getting to live in a new place and try something new.
  I've always laughed and said we are twins born 27 mo apart but we are also best friends. Distance is simply measurement of time...but we are always together in our hearts. 
  Him and Dad has made strides in their relationship while he's been home and I admire him for that. I never once stepped in. 
  I'm very lucky that my babygirl has an uncle that knows what it is to be an uncle. He can discipline her,put her in the corner and still get a kiss goodnight every night. She is almost certain he's magic and hung the moon ;) He loves her as if she is his own kid. Every kid deserves that.
  Sooo going to be a teary day I'm afraid and I'll rest easier once I know they are in their hotel in OK then at their home in LA, California. But I wouldn't want him to ever give up his dreams or goals. Life is too short for regret, too short to wonder what if..and if you never take that first step and try..then you fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment