Kaya Rain

Kaya Rain
Our beautiful daughter.

Sunday, May 26, 2013

My inside projects!!!!

    Some before pictures of inside. We've lived here like 7 years and hadn't really changed the paint, borders etc. Just decided this year to get brave and do what we wanted to do..and to say I love it is an understatement. So this post I'll do the before pictures first and then the after!! :) A bit long because I'm not the best at figuring out how to do the pics on here lol
  
  Area around my cabinets...lots of family oldies, ivy lights etc.
Span across my kitchen...
 Kitchen main wall. Not too exciting LOL
  Now for the after:
  

   My main wall now!!!! The kitchen is cabin red (forgive some of the shots...flash was a bit wonky in a few and shadows etc). Steve helped stencil on this tree on the main wall..it sits right above where the kitchen table will be (which eventually will be my new one..Steve is using old beat up pallets to make me a farm style table :) )

            The area above my cabinets no longer have ivy lights but are backlight with small white lights. Steve helped me get our antiques more organized...this run has all our old flour sifters, my Granny's wooden recipe box, two of my grandma's old grinders, an old slaw maker, my Granny's yeast roll pan and the last dish is my great, great, great Grandma's serving bowl from the original farm homestead :)
  Looks a bit different huh? LOL My persimmon pulpers etc
   Steve stenciled this above my kitchen sink/kitchen window. I absolutely love it and it ties in beautifully with the tree on the opposite wall.  Family is a huge thing to us and this sums up my feelings exactly :)

  Sorry for the shadow but another view of the tree. I love how it came out :)













    I also decided since our hallway directly connects with our kitchen as well as you can see one wall of the utility room from the start of the hallway that I would do the hallway in the cabin red. I decided to do just the main wall facing the kitchen in the utility room red and leave the opposite you can't see unless you are in the utility room white. Why? Because the light reflecting off the white will keep the utility room "brighter" and to be honest I had no desire to lug out my front load washer and dryer yet lol  The hallway has our huge American star and...
my star picture hanger that says "Faith, Family and Friends"..















  Finally I also have redone the front room...it was the same blah white with a cutesy American teddy bear border. Hot water mixed with fabric softener and the border was GONE. The white was replaced with Winter Wheat color (a warm tannish shade) and...I love it!! 
   
   My quilt rack now holds my handmade quilt my great grandma made. It also holds our Americana houses and bears (gifts from friends etc). I redid the bookcase (not shown) so it holds family pics . It also holds my Great grandma's school books!!! complete with her handwriting notes in it. I also have my great Uncles farm books and his scrapbook from WW2. 
Space beside the bedroom doors
     
Front room wall. Other wall has Kaya's pictures on it as well as the
entertainment center etc.

 I think the best thing about the projects was other than Steve
giving me pointers (I'd never painted!!) and helping me
tape etc I pretty much did it all myself!! Of course
Kaya got a few brushstrokes in ;) lol but all in all I did all the
painting myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment